BIAC points meet results
The Big Island Auto Club held its June Points Meet at the Hilo Dragstrip on Saturday. Here are the results:
• Junior Dragsters Competition—winner: Daesha Tobara (Mt. View), 10.23 sec/61 mph. Runner-up: Dione Tobara (Mt. View), 9.16 sec/72 mph. Daesha Tobara won on a hole shot.
• Mega Bracket—winner: Kaike DePonte (Keaau) in a Camaro, 11.92 sec/122 mph. Runner-up: Richard Souza (Naalehu) in a Chevrolet Bel Aire, 14.23 sec/94 mph.
• Motorcycle exhibition—John Malson (Hilo) on a Suzuki. His best time: 9.10 sec/149 mph.
The July Points Meet will be held at the Hilo Drag Strip on Saturday and Sunday, July 13-14.
Results were submitted by Russ Roberts.
Rules for posting comments
Comments posted below are from readers. In no way do they represent the view of Oahu Publishing Inc. or this newspaper. This is a public forum.
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content but the newspaper is under no obligation to do so. Comment posters are solely responsible under the Communications Decency Act for comments posted on this Web site. Oahu Publishing Inc. is not liable for messages from third parties.
IP and email addresses of persons who post are not treated as confidential records and will be disclosed in response to valid legal process.
Do not post:
- Potentially libelous statements or damaging innuendo.
- Obscene, explicit, or racist language.
- Copyrighted materials of any sort without the express permission of the copyright holder.
- Personal attacks, insults or threats.
- The use of another person's real name to disguise your identity.
- Comments unrelated to the story.
If you believe that a commenter has not followed these guidelines, please click the FLAG icon below the comment.