The Hawaii High School Athletic Association has announced the 2012 Class of Inductees into the HHSAA Hall of Honor. The impressive list includes:
• Dawnyelle Awa, Konawaena (basketball, volleyball).
• Shane Brostek, Hawaii Prep (football, track and field).
• DeForest Buckner, Punahou (football, basketball).
• Keiki Carlos, Mid-Pacific (softball).
• Lorens Chan, Iolani (golf).
• Mindy Chow, Punahou (judo, wrestling).
• Kristine Felix, Baldwin (track and field, tennis).
• Benny Fonua, Kahuku (football, basketball).
• Lia Galdeira, Konawaena (basketball, track and field).
• Misty Ma‘a, Kamehameha (volleyball).
• Mysha Sataraka, Punahou (softball, basketball).
• Pasoni Tasini, Baldwin (football, basketball, track and field, volleyball).
These 12 outstanding senior student-athletes were selected by a 16-person committee of current and former sports reporters, athletic directors and coaches from around the state after two days of meetings. The criteria is based mainly on athletic achievement but character, sportsmanship, academic record and community service also are taken into consideration.
Each inductee also will receive a $2,000 scholarship courtesy of Enterprise Rent-A-Car.
The student-athletes will be formally inducted at an HHSAA Awards Banquet at 5 p.m. June 3 at the Sheraton Waikiki. For ticket information, please call (808) 587-4495.
The HHSAA Hall of Honor, formerly known as the Nissan Hall of Honor, has been recognizing the top 12 Hawaii senior student-athletes each year since 1983.