Medeiros a junior
Current Waiakea High School standout pitcher Kodi Medeiros is a junior.
In a story on Friday announcing former Waiakea baseball star Quintin Torres-Costa and longtime athletic volunteer Jay Sasan as the 2012 Big Island Athlete of the Year and Sportsperson of the Year, respectively, Medeiros was incorrectly listed a senior.
Medeiros, a southpaw, is one of the top pitchers in the state for the defending state Division I champion Warriors. Last year, Waiakea finished with a 19-0 record under head coach Kevin Yee.
Rules for posting comments
Comments posted below are from readers. In no way do they represent the view of Oahu Publishing Inc. or this newspaper. This is a public forum.
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content but the newspaper is under no obligation to do so. Comment posters are solely responsible under the Communications Decency Act for comments posted on this Web site. Oahu Publishing Inc. is not liable for messages from third parties.
IP and email addresses of persons who post are not treated as confidential records and will be disclosed in response to valid legal process.
Do not post:
- Potentially libelous statements or damaging innuendo.
- Obscene, explicit, or racist language.
- Copyrighted materials of any sort without the express permission of the copyright holder.
- Personal attacks, insults or threats.
- The use of another person's real name to disguise your identity.
- Comments unrelated to the story.
If you believe that a commenter has not followed these guidelines, please click the FLAG icon below the comment.