Waiakea Girls Tournament
Taylor Pocock scored 29 points and Cynthia Nakaima 11 to lead Keaau to a 57-33 win over Kealakehe in the second round of the Warriors Basketball Tournament at the Warriors Gym.
The Cougars led 18-1 at the end of the first quarter and 30-11 at the half. They then outscored the Waveriders 12-11 in the third period and 15-11 in the fourth.
Tiani Terazona led Kealakehe with 12 points.
• Mililani 60, Maui 25: Kapili Amamalia scored 14 points and Kaylee Torres and Shantell Appleby 10 apiece to lead the Trojans from Oahu.
Christina Lotulelei topped the Sabers with 14 points.
Mililani led 14-11 at the end of the first period and 29-14 at the intermission. The Trojans then outpointed the Sabers 20-8 in the third quarter and 11-3 in the fourth.
• Maui 60, Ka’u 41: Emma Hanlon had nine points and Jasmine Cabauar and Jordyn Vega each added eight to lead the Sabers.
Dennha Navarro and Toni Beck each had eight points to top the Trojans.
Maui led 34-19 at the half, then outscored Ka’u 14-11 in the third period and 12-11 in the fourth.
• Hilo JV 53, Waiakea JV 18: Faith Loeak had 14 points, Ciera Kelii 12 and Shhalyn Guthier 10 to lead the Vikings.
Christa Amuimuia and Elysa Hasegawa each had five points to top the Warriors.
The Vikings led 39-10 at the intermission.
Keaau JV vs. Waiakea JV, 10 a.m.
Waiakea vs. Kealakehe, 11:30 a.m.
Keaau vs. Mililani, 1 p.m.
Ka’u vs. Hilo, 2:30 p.m.
Mililani vs. Waiakea, 4 p.m.
Maui vs. Keaau, 5:30 p.m.
Maui 49, Waiakea 39
Trina Valencia poured in 17 points to lead Maui High to a hard-fought 49-39 win over the host Warriors.
Waiakea led 16-14 at the end of the first period before the Sabers carried a 27-24 lead into the intermission. Then after both teams scored eight points in the third period, Maui held a 14-7 advantage over the final eight minutes.
Sefulu Faavae scored 16 points and Shaila Apele had 10 to lead the Warriors.
• Mililani 61, Hilo 50: Nayla Long had 16 points and Kapili Amamalia 13 to lead Mililani. The Trojans led 27-26 at the half, then outpointed the Vikings 16-6 in the third quarter to open up a nine-point lead. Both teams scored 18 points in the fourth period.
Aliyah Pana led Hilo with 14 points. Alexis Pana had 11 and Raevyn Kaupu 10.
• Ka’u 53, Kealakehe 24: Toni Beck scored 17 points and Shyann Flores-Cariaga 14 to lead the Trojans. Ka’u led 32-10 at the intermission and then outscored the Waveriders 21-14 in the second half.
Tiani Terazona led Kealakehe with seven points.
• Waiakea 57, Keaau 24: Kaydee Rapozo scored 13 points to lead the Warriors, who grabbed a 37-11 halftime lead and outpointed the Cougars 20-13 in the final half.
Cynthia Nakaima led Keaau with 12 points.