Online Extra: UH hires offensive coordinator
University of Hawaii football coach Norm Chow firmed up his staff Wednesday, announcing the addition of Aaron Price as offensive coordinator.
Price spent the past nine seasons at Texas-El Paso working under his father, Mike Price.
“We’re excited that Aaron has joined our staff,” Chow said in a university release. “He comes to us with experience as a coordinator and play caller. His offensive background is similar to what we run here and he’s also very well-versed in the spread offense. He has recruited and coached Jason Gesser, Ryan Leaf, and Drew Bledsoe at Washington State and obviously we’re excited to have him on board.”
While Price oversees the offense and coaches receivers, recent hire Chris Naeole will work with the offensive line. Returning coaches Phil Rauscher and Chris Wiesehan, will coach the tight ends and running backs, respectively. Chow will continue to coach the quarterbacks with assistance from new graduate assistant Jordan Wynn.
Rules for posting comments
Do not post:
- Potentially libelous statements or damaging innuendo.
- Obscene, explicit, or racist language.
- Copyrighted materials of any sort without the express permission of the copyright holder.
- Personal attacks, insults or threats.
- The use of another person's real name to disguise your identity.
- Comments unrelated to the story.