Online Extra: Warriors top Daggers
Kamehameha thumped Pahoa 52-18 in a girls Big Island Interscholastic Federation basketball game Thursday night at the Daggers Gym.
Junior Casey Poe scored 28 points and sophomore Riana Arima added 13 to lead the D-II Warriors (4-0). No one scored more than four points for the D-II Daggers (0-4).
Kamehameha 11 8 25 8 — 52
Pahoa 1 5 6 6 — 18
• Waiakea 51, Keaau 31: At Keaau, Nicole Antonio scored 14 points and Daven Namohala-Roloos had 10 for the visiting Warriors (2-2).
Taylor Pocock scored 11 points to lead the Cougars (1-3).
Waiakea 12 13 11 15 — 51
Keaau 4 4 9 14 — 31
• Hilo 48 Ka’u 12: At Keaukaha, Shalyn Guthier scored 14 points and Alexis Pana 13 to lead the D-I Vikings (4-0).
Shyann Flores-Carvalho, Mia Cariaga and Shaylin Navarro scored four points each to lead the D-II Trojans (1-3).
Ka’u 2 2 6 2 — 12
Hilo 18 18 9 3 — 48
• Honokaa 95, Kealakehe 12: At Honokaa, Shayla Ignacio scored 17 points, Shereena Bird 16, Keana Kaohimaunu 15, and Shemika Frazier and Kizzah Maltezo 10 each to lead the D-II Dragons (2-1).
Kaohuleilani Abad scored three points to lead the D-I Waveriders (0-4).
Kealakehe 4 0 0 8 — 12
Honokaa 34 27 16 18 — 95
• Parker 1, Kamehameha-Hawaii 1: Maka Kahana’s first goal of the season tied the match in the first half, giving the host Warriors (3-4-2) a point in the BIIF Division II standings.
Senior Paul Gregg scored his team-high seventh goal for the Bulls (3-5-2).
Rules for posting comments
Comments posted below are from readers. In no way do they represent the view of Oahu Publishing Inc. or this newspaper. This is a public forum.
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content but the newspaper is under no obligation to do so. Comment posters are solely responsible under the Communications Decency Act for comments posted on this Web site. Oahu Publishing Inc. is not liable for messages from third parties.
IP and email addresses of persons who post are not treated as confidential records and will be disclosed in response to valid legal process.
Do not post:
- Potentially libelous statements or damaging innuendo.
- Obscene, explicit, or racist language.
- Copyrighted materials of any sort without the express permission of the copyright holder.
- Personal attacks, insults or threats.
- The use of another person's real name to disguise your identity.
- Comments unrelated to the story.
If you believe that a commenter has not followed these guidelines, please click the FLAG icon below the comment.