Prep athletic awards: Honokaa, Konawaena, HPA
(MO - most outstanding; CA - coaches award)
• Cheerleading: Tatijiana Wilson, MO; Major Lee Domingo, CA.
• Football: Justin Kawamoto, MO; Kainoa Lyman, CA.
• Boys volleyball: Chance Salva, MO; Rodel Lacanlale/Makana Loo, CA.
• Girls volleyball: Ashlynn Kaiamakini, MO; Jayna Guia, CA.
• Boys cross country: Tony Connors, MO; Brooks McVey, CA.
• Girls cross country: Kelly Greenwell, MO; Hildong Adona, CA.
• Softball: Kaitlin Agustin/Kayla Kalauli, MO; Allie Shiraki, CA.
• Boys wrestling: Christian Silva, MO; Kainoa Lyman, CA.
• Girls wrestling: Courtney Oshiro, MO; Kamele Sanchez, CA.
• Boys basketball: Alika Alip, MO; Darus Ignacio, CA.
• Girls basketball: Keana Kaohimaunu/Hunter Liftee/Yvonne Daniels, MO; Kizzah Maltezo/Shayla Ignacio/Jasmine Castro/Kayla Requelman/Shereena Bird/Shemika Frazier/Wynnie Vaoga, CA.
• Boys paddling: Kaleo Carpio, MO; Andy Connors, CA.
• Girls paddling: Brianne Samio, MO; Tisha Sugse, CA.
• Boys soccer: Justin Warren/Tony Connors, MO; Aukana’I Kapu, CA.
• Girls soccer: Kelly Greenwell, MO; Mae Quiamas, CA.
• Boys tennis: Gabe Ramirez, MO; Angelo Gonzalez, CA.
• Girls tennis: Monica Carlos, MO; Kelly Greenwell, CA.
• Boys track: Dylan Oandasan, MO; Brooks McVey, CA.
• Girls track: La’akea Paio, MO; Mae Quiamas, CA.
• Baseball: Kazu Caleb Tolentino, MO; Ty Kauai, CA.
• Girls swimming: Camelia Witt, MO.
Coaches of the Year
Gerald Shiraki, girls soccer; James Lukzen, girls basketball
Senior Scholar-Athlete of the Year
Rodel Lacanlale (male); Cortney Oshiro (female)
Senior Athlete of the Year
Kainoa Lyman (male); Kelly Greenwell (female)
Athlete of the Year
Tony Connors (male); Kelly Greenwell (female)
Submitted by athletic director Keith Tolentino
Scholar Athlete Award
Trevor Tanaka (boy), Sarah Albrecht (girl)
Wildcat of the Year
Boy: Justin Raymond, wrestling and judo
Girl: Courtney Kaupu, volleyball and basketball
Outstanding Senior Athlete
• Football: Michael Rabara, defense; John Kamoku, offense
• Cross country: Shyla Nakamoto
• Bowling: Tyler Hashimoto (boys), Sarah Albrecht (girls)
• Air Riflery: Michael Raiano (boys), Tori Koyanagi (girls)
• Girls volleyball: Courtney Kaupu
• Basketball: Kenan Gaspar (boys), Courtney Kaupu (girls)
• Soccer: Justin Uchimura (boys), Ua Ruedy (girls)
• Wrestling: Justin Raymond (boys), Tanalei Louis (girls)
• Paddling: Laimana Grace (boys), Karry Southerland (girls)
• Swimming: Sarah Albrecht
• Baseball: Domonic Morris
• Softball: Hero Wooching
• Track and field: Ua Ruedy
• Tennis: Caelen McHale (boys), Rayne Izumi-Baltero (girls)
• Boys volleyball: Allan Fukushima
• Golf: Hoeueu Greenwell
• Judo: Justin Raymond (boys), Tanalei Louis (girls)
• Water Polo: Mahealani Yoshida
Submitted by athletic director Bill Trumbo
(MV — Most valuable; CA — Coach’s award)
• Girls volleyball: Gabbie Ewing, MV; Tiana Reynolds, CA; Ula Brostek, most improved; Morgan Monahan, Nolan Doliente Award.
• Boys cross country: Justin Macy and Michael Spetich, MV; Hide Akai and Walter Disney, CA; Daniel Matsuda and Davy Ragland, most improved.
• Girls cross country: Zoe Sims, MV; Jasmine Fojas, CA; Kristiana Van Pernis, FAAL Award.
• Football: Bobby Lum, Offensive Back Award; Keenan Greenbaum, Offensive Lineman Award; Blake Hooser and Joey Kailimai, Defensive Back Award; Kaimi Stevens, Defensive Lineman Award; Collin McKenna, most improved; Eigoro Akai, Holi Bergin Award.
• Boys swimming: Dane Uy, MV; Dane Uy, CA; Connor Varney, most improved.
• Girls swimming: Anu Nihipali, MV; Bhillie Luciani, CA; Keli Jackson and Zoe Sims, most improved.
• Boys wrestling: Keenan Greenbaum, MV; Alex Magoon, CA; Zac Wigzell, most improved.
• Girls wrestling: Lokelani Ching, MV; Leila Wong, CA; Kaiya Casuga, most improved.
• Boys soccer: Kepa Police, MV; Keisuke Ohtaka, CA; Li’i Purdy, most improved.
• Girls soccer: Emily Evans and Gabbie Ewing, MV; Jasmine Fojas and Lauren Pries, CA; Morgan Monahan and Kristiana Van Pernis, most improved.
• Boys basketball: Jovan Crnic, MV; Kama DeSilva, CA; Sefa Rocha-Tufaga, most improved.
• Girls basketball: Tiana Bertelmann-Tabac, MV; Veronica LaSuer-Hernandez, CA; Erina Baudat, most improved; Anna Juan, Honoring the Game Award.
• Boys paddling: Remy Koppes, MV; Noah Schenk, CA; Ian Rice, most improved.
• Girls paddling: Emily Johnson, MV; Seychelle Francis, CA; Asia Kaden, most improved.
• Boys track: Kellen Gillins, MV; Davy Ragland, CA; Daniel Matsuda, Nate Ladwig, and Jacob McCafferty, most improved.
• Girls track: Jasmine Fojas and Zoe Sims, MV; Kristiana Van Pernis, CA; Emma Taylor, most improved.
• Boys tennis: Brendan Moynahan, MV; Daniel Han, CA; Ethan Zilz, most improved.
• Girls tennis: Mai Reinvald, MV; Catharine Gussman, CA; Teia Knoll, most improved.
• Boys volleyball: Jevin Ching, MV; Zeke Chong, CA; Jovan Crnic, most improved.
• Water polo: Anu Nihipali, MV; Elizabeth Jim, CA; Louisa Duggan, most improved.
• Golf: Andrew Paisley, MV; Bo Bleckel, CA; Luigi Balbo, most improved.
• Baseball: Kama DeSilva and DJ Sekiya, MV; Mike Nakahara and Ian Rice, CA; Cyrus Inglis, most improved.
• Softball: Camille Kiyota, MV; Taimane Kamaka, CA; Alexa Meyer, most improved.
Submitted by Phyllis Kanekuni
Rules for posting comments
Comments posted below are from readers. In no way do they represent the view of Oahu Publishing Inc. or this newspaper. This is a public forum.
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content but the newspaper is under no obligation to do so. Comment posters are solely responsible under the Communications Decency Act for comments posted on this Web site. Oahu Publishing Inc. is not liable for messages from third parties.
IP and email addresses of persons who post are not treated as confidential records and will be disclosed in response to valid legal process.
Do not post:
- Potentially libelous statements or damaging innuendo.
- Obscene, explicit, or racist language.
- Copyrighted materials of any sort without the express permission of the copyright holder.
- Personal attacks, insults or threats.
- The use of another person's real name to disguise your identity.
- Comments unrelated to the story.
If you believe that a commenter has not followed these guidelines, please click the FLAG icon below the comment.