The 2013 Big Island All-Stars Honokaa Basketball Camp will be held May 25-27 at the Honokaa P&R Gym.
The camp is for children who just completed Kindergarten through 8th grade. Registration will begin at the Honokaa P&R Gym on May 25 at 7:30 a.m. for grades K-3 or 8 years old and younger; and at 12 p.m. for grades 4-8 or 9 years old and older.
The sessions start at 8:30 a.m. for K-3 and 1 p.m. for grades 4-8.
Applications may be picked up at the Honokaa P&R Gym from Anna Muranaka or at Honokaa High and Intermediate School (ask for Daphne Honma). The camp fee is $50 and includes instruction, T-shirt and a basketball. Checks should be made payable to Big Island All-Stars and write in memo “Honokaa Basketball Camp.”
The completed application form and fee can be mailed to: Daphne Honma, P.O. Box 355, Paauilo, HI. 96776. The deadline to mail in applications is May 17. Walk-ins will be accepted. Each session is limited to 90 applicants.
The camp schedule follows:
• Saturday, May 25: Session I (K-3) 8:30 a.m. to 12 p.m.; Sesseion II (grade 4-8) 1 to 4:30 p.m.
• Sunday, May 26: Session I 8:30 a.m. to 12 p.m.; Session II 1 to 4:30 p.m.
• Monday, May 27: Session I 8:30 12 p.m.; Session II, 1 to 4:30 p.m. At 11:45 a.m., an awards ceremony will be held for K-3 and at 4:15 p.m. one will be held for grades 4-8.
This year the camp will be selling Domino’s Pizza (cheese or pepperoni) for $2 per slice between 12 and 1 p.m. as well as drinks for $1 every day.
For additional information, contact Honma at (808) 937-3223 or daph_o&hotmail.com.
Rules for posting comments
Comments posted below are from readers. In no way do they represent the view of Oahu Publishing Inc. or this newspaper. This is a public forum.
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content but the newspaper is under no obligation to do so. Comment posters are solely responsible under the Communications Decency Act for comments posted on this Web site. Oahu Publishing Inc. is not liable for messages from third parties.
IP and email addresses of persons who post are not treated as confidential records and will be disclosed in response to valid legal process.
Do not post:
- Potentially libelous statements or damaging innuendo.
- Obscene, explicit, or racist language.
- Copyrighted materials of any sort without the express permission of the copyright holder.
- Personal attacks, insults or threats.
- The use of another person's real name to disguise your identity.
- Comments unrelated to the story.
If you believe that a commenter has not followed these guidelines, please click the FLAG icon below the comment.