set for June
The Hawaii Police Department is hosting several HI-PAL “Click It or Ticket” basketball tournaments during the month of June. They include:
• June 8-9 is a 3-on-3 tournament at the Keaau High School gym and covered courts. This event is open to youth in the following age groups: 5-6, 7-8, 9-10, 11-12, 13-14, girls 10 and under, girls 12 and under, girls 14 and under, high school boys and high school girls. The deadline to apply is May 31.
• June 15 is a 5-on-5 tournament at the Honomu gym and it’s open to youth ages 8 and under and 9-10. Deadline to apply is June 7.
• June 29 is a 3-on-3 tournament at the Thelma Parker gym in Waimea and it’s open to ages 9-10 and 11-12. Deadline to apply is June 21.
For more information, call Joseph Botelho Jr. in East Hawaii at 961-2220 or Randy Morris in West Hawaii at 326-4646, ext. 258.
Youth hoops league
Rise Above Athletics will host a Biddy Basketball Saturday Summer League for a 5-6 year old division and a 7-8 year old division (must not be older than the age division at the time of play). It will be held for five consecutive Saturdays at the Hilo Armory, from 8 a.m. to noon June 15, 22, 29, and July 6, 13.
Every team is guaranteed two games each Saturday for a total of 10 games. Referees will use P&R rules with flexibility. There is a $40 entry fee per team to help with county expenses. Deadline to enter is May 31.
For more information, contact Kimo Alameda at (808) 630-1700 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Honokaa seeking sports coaches
Honokaa High School is accepting applications for varsity head coaching positions for boys and girls soccer, wrestling, canoe paddling and swimming.
Applications are available from the main office during school hours, 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The deadline to apply is May 31.
Applications can be turned into the main office or the athletic director’s office in the gym.
For more information, contact AD Keith Tolentino at 775-8800, ext. 237.
Rules for posting comments
Comments posted below are from readers. In no way do they represent the view of Oahu Publishing Inc. or this newspaper. This is a public forum.
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content but the newspaper is under no obligation to do so. Comment posters are solely responsible under the Communications Decency Act for comments posted on this Web site. Oahu Publishing Inc. is not liable for messages from third parties.
IP and email addresses of persons who post are not treated as confidential records and will be disclosed in response to valid legal process.
Do not post:
- Potentially libelous statements or damaging innuendo.
- Obscene, explicit, or racist language.
- Copyrighted materials of any sort without the express permission of the copyright holder.
- Personal attacks, insults or threats.
- The use of another person's real name to disguise your identity.
- Comments unrelated to the story.
If you believe that a commenter has not followed these guidelines, please click the FLAG icon below the comment.