ace at Volcano
Steve Summers of Paris, Tenn. aced the par 3, 181-yard 16th hole on July 1 at the Volcano Golf & Country Club.
He used a 6 iron to drain the hole-in-one. Witnessing the shot were Siam Thomas and Windell Vickers.
Sporting skeet results
The Kilauea Sporting Skeet Club held a compact sporting clay shoot June 23 at the County Trap and Skeet Range. The top guns in the 50-target event included:
• 12 gauge: Mike Munnerlyn, 41; Milford Tabura, 32; Elton Endo, 31.
• Sub-gauge: Bill Austin, 30; Jimmy Watt, 29; Edwin Taira, 29.
The next shoot will be held Aug. 18, from 9 a.m. to 3:45 p.m. The public is invited to participate.
All shotguns, ammunition, eye and ear protection shall be supplied by each individual participant.
A potluck lunch is planned, with drinks provided by the club.
fun day slated
The HGEA Tennis Fun Day will be held on Sunday at the Edith Kanakaole Multipurpose Stadium, from noon to 4 p.m.
HGEA members and their guests are invited to participate in social tennis doubles. Tennis balls and refreshments will be provided.
For information contact Dean at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wailoa Razorbacks Pop Warner Football will be having our 2013 Tackle Season registration sign up & packet pickup on Wednesday, July 17 from 5:00 - 6:00 PM at the Mo’oheau Park next to the Hilo Bandstand.
Divisions include Mitey-Mite (ages 7,8,9), PeeWee (9,10,11,12) & Midget (12,13,14,15). Tackle season begins on August 1st.
Contact Melanie Spain (895-7483) or Pua Ke (938-5979) for questions.
Waiakea High tryout dates announced
The Waiakea High School athletics fall sports tryout dates follow:
• Football: 3 p.m. Monday, July 22 on WHS Baseball Field
• Girls volleyball: 2:45 p.m. Monday, July 29 at the WHS gym.
• Boys and girls air riflery: 6:30 p.m. July 29.
• Boys and girls bowling: 2:30 p.m. July 29 at Hilo Lanes.
• Boys and girls cross country: 3 p.m. Monday, Aug. 5 at the WHS PE locker room.
All athletes are required to have a completed physical and Parent consent form in order to participate. Athletes should come dressed to participate.
Attendance at tryouts is mandatory. If you have a conflict with the try-out date contact the coach to discuss your options. If you have questions contact Waiakea athletic director Tom Correa at 974-4830.
Hilo High tryout dates announced
Hilo High School athletics has announced the following tryout dates for the Fall 2013 sports seasons:
• Air Riflery: 6:30 p.m. Aug. 6 at the HHS gym.
• Bowling: 2 p.m. July 31 at Hilo Lanes.
• Cheer: 4:30 p.m. July 29 at HHS patio.
• Cross Country: 3 p.m. July 29 at HHS pool.
• Football: 3:30 p.m. July 22 at the HHS football field.
Note: A football parents meeting will be held at 6 p.m. Wednesday at the HHS library.
• Girls volleyball: 2:30 p.m. July 29 at HHS gym.
Athletic participation paperwork must be completed and submitted prior to tryouts (with confirmation through athletic trainers).
For more information, call the athletic office 974-4021, ext. 2235.