Waiakea claims a pair of BIIF bowling titles
Waiakea’s John Kaipo and Hilo’s Briahna Brooks head the 2012 All-Big Island Interscholastic Federation bowling teams.
The all-league squads were recently announced by St. Joseph athletic director Chloe Thurston, the BIIF’s bowling coordinator.
Kaipo claimed the BIIF individual boys title and helped the Warriors capture the league’s team championship.
Brooks had a terrific all-around season, placing high in the league championships and being the BIIF’s top finisher in the state tournament on Kauai.
Waiakea’s Brooke Caseria pocketed the BIIF girls individual crown.
Waiakea’s Tracy Nakashima was named the BIIF Boys Coach of the Year while Waiakea’s Calvin Nakashima earned the BIIF Girls Coach of the Year honor.
Joining Kaipo on the All-BIIF boys first team are Konawaena’s Rodney Torres, Hilo’s Davi Yagi, Kealakehe’s Harley Jarvis and Waiakea’s Tevin Nakashima.
Joining Brooks on the All-BIIF girls first team are Hilo’s Kylie Fujiyoshi, Konawaena’s Melissa Simon and Madison Staup and Kealakehe’s Tiffany Kurozawa.
2012 All-Big Island
John Kaipo Waiakea
Rodney Torres Kona
Davin Yagi Hilo
Harley Jarvis Kealakehe
Tevin Nakashima Waiakea
Tyler Hashimoto Kona
Stefan Kimura Kona
Conrad Hildebrand Kona
Kendrick Dacayanan Hilo
Bronston Apolo Kealakehe
Boys Coach of the Year
Tracy Nakashima, Waiakea
Briahna Brooks Hilo
Kylie Fujiyoshi Hilo
Melissa Simon Kona
Tiffany Kurozawa Kealakehe
Madison Staup Kona
Brooke Caseria Waiakea
Mika Parish Kealakehe
Chelsea Mitsuda Waiakea
Sarah Albrect Kona
Desiree Ichishita Kealakehe
Girls Coach of the Year
Calvin Nakashima (Waiakea)
• Keaau: Erik Arnold, Ian Bowman
• Kona: Quinton Ikeno
• St. Joseph: Alan Higaki
• Kamehameha: Jaycob Barros, Ryder “Makana” Matsuyama
• Ka‘u: Franklin Orcino, Shayden Augustin
• Kealakehe: James Fisher
• Hilo: Josh Kirkpatrick, Dylan Galdones
• Laupahoehoe: Jodran Salboro, Collin Lodivero
• Keaau: Aileen Umayas, Brianne Au
• Konawaena: Jodran Pond
• St. Joseph: Chantelle Adviento, Sarina Wyrick
• Kamehameha: Shaylene Hegarty, Jordan Chung
• Ka‘u: Wen Hui Yang, Siena Okimoto
• Kealakehe: Sarah Barry, Paulaine Gampon
• Hilo: Riley Cabarloc, Kayla Okimoto
• Laupahoehoe: Rayci Domingo
Note: The All-BIIF teams were selected by the league coaches based on their season averages. St. Joseph athletic director Chloe Thurston is the BIIF bowling coordinator and reported weekly scores as well as oversaw the selection of the All-BIIF teams.
Rules for posting comments
Comments posted below are from readers. In no way do they represent the view of Oahu Publishing Inc. or this newspaper. This is a public forum.
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content but the newspaper is under no obligation to do so. Comment posters are solely responsible under the Communications Decency Act for comments posted on this Web site. Oahu Publishing Inc. is not liable for messages from third parties.
IP and email addresses of persons who post are not treated as confidential records and will be disclosed in response to valid legal process.
Do not post:
- Potentially libelous statements or damaging innuendo.
- Obscene, explicit, or racist language.
- Copyrighted materials of any sort without the express permission of the copyright holder.
- Personal attacks, insults or threats.
- The use of another person's real name to disguise your identity.
- Comments unrelated to the story.
If you believe that a commenter has not followed these guidelines, please click the FLAG icon below the comment.