Yamasaki to be featured at HISOA clinic
Veteran NCAA official Brian Yamasaki will be the featured clinician at the Naniloa Volcanoes Resorts’ Basketball Clinic on Sunday at Afook-Chinen Civic Auditorium.
The clinic will start at 2 p.m. with officials’ positioning in a 3-man rotation. At 3 p.m., Yamasaki will cover aspects of game management, professionalism, positioning and rules.
For more information, contact Hawaii Island Sports Officials Associations Basketball Rules Interpreter/Coordinator Mason Souza at (808) 443-8881.
HISOA recently announced its officers and board of directors for the 2012-13 sports year. They include:
• Officers: President, Linda Lopez; Vice President, Kelly Leong; Treasurer, Gwint Fisher; Secretary, Lindsey Iyo.
• Board of Directors: East Hawaii, Valerie Poindexter and Mason Souza; West Hawaii, Victor McDaniel, Wesley Sermons.
HISOA’s Interpreter/Coordinators are Mason Souza (basketball) and Jennie Maikui (volleyball).
Rules for posting comments
Comments posted below are from readers. In no way do they represent the view of Oahu Publishing Inc. or this newspaper. This is a public forum.
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content but the newspaper is under no obligation to do so. Comment posters are solely responsible under the Communications Decency Act for comments posted on this Web site. Oahu Publishing Inc. is not liable for messages from third parties.
IP and email addresses of persons who post are not treated as confidential records and will be disclosed in response to valid legal process.
Do not post:
- Potentially libelous statements or damaging innuendo.
- Obscene, explicit, or racist language.
- Copyrighted materials of any sort without the express permission of the copyright holder.
- Personal attacks, insults or threats.
- The use of another person's real name to disguise your identity.
- Comments unrelated to the story.
If you believe that a commenter has not followed these guidelines, please click the FLAG icon below the comment.