Bulls’ Thibodeau fined $35,000
CHICAGO — The NBA has fined Chicago Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau $35,000 for comments he made about the officiating following Friday’s loss to the Miami Heat in Game 3 of the Eastern Conference semifinals.
The league announced the fine on Sunday.
Thibodeau was upset that Nazr Mohammed got ejected for shoving LeBron James to the floor and accused the Heat’s superstar of flopping. He also said calls weren’t going to go the Bulls’ way.
The Heat won the game to go up 2-1 in the series. Game 4 is Monday at the United Center.
Rules for posting comments
Comments posted below are from readers. In no way do they represent the view of Oahu Publishing Inc. or this newspaper. This is a public forum.
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content but the newspaper is under no obligation to do so. Comment posters are solely responsible under the Communications Decency Act for comments posted on this Web site. Oahu Publishing Inc. is not liable for messages from third parties.
IP and email addresses of persons who post are not treated as confidential records and will be disclosed in response to valid legal process.
Do not post:
- Potentially libelous statements or damaging innuendo.
- Obscene, explicit, or racist language.
- Copyrighted materials of any sort without the express permission of the copyright holder.
- Personal attacks, insults or threats.
- The use of another person's real name to disguise your identity.
- Comments unrelated to the story.
If you believe that a commenter has not followed these guidelines, please click the FLAG icon below the comment.