SMU accepts invite to Hawaii Bowl
HONOLULU — SMU has accepted an invitation to play in the Hawaii Bowl.
SMU will meet a team from the Mountain West on Christmas Eve at Aloha Stadium.
The Mustangs finished second behind Tulsa in the Conference USA West Division with a 5-3 league record. SMU is making its fourth consecutive bowl appearance under coach June Jones.
Jones says he’s excited for his players, staff and fans.
Jones took SMU to the Hawaii Bowl in 2009. He coached the University of Hawaii for nine years.
Rules for posting comments
Comments posted below are from readers. In no way do they represent the view of Oahu Publishing Inc. or this newspaper. This is a public forum.
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content but the newspaper is under no obligation to do so. Comment posters are solely responsible under the Communications Decency Act for comments posted on this Web site. Oahu Publishing Inc. is not liable for messages from third parties.
IP and email addresses of persons who post are not treated as confidential records and will be disclosed in response to valid legal process.
Do not post:
- Potentially libelous statements or damaging innuendo.
- Obscene, explicit, or racist language.
- Copyrighted materials of any sort without the express permission of the copyright holder.
- Personal attacks, insults or threats.
- The use of another person's real name to disguise your identity.
- Comments unrelated to the story.
If you believe that a commenter has not followed these guidelines, please click the FLAG icon below the comment.