The Associated Press
A look at Wimbledon on Friday:
• Weather: Mostly sunny. High of 79 degrees.
• Men’s semifinals results: No. 1 Novak Djokovic beat No. 8 Juan Martin del Potro, 7-5, 4-6, 7-6 (2), 6-7 (6), 6-3; No. 2 Andy Murray beat No. 24 Jerzy Janowicz, 6-7 (2), 6-4, 6-4, 6-3.
Stat of the Day: 4 hours, 43 minutes — Length of the Djokovic-del Potro semifinal, the longest semifinal in Wimbledon history.
• Quote of the Day: “I don’t know if the rest of the players can play like us today.” — Del Potro on the high level of play in his marathon loss to Djokovic.
• Women’s final today: No. 15 Marion Bartoli vs. No. 23 Sabine Lisicki.
Saturday’s Forecast: Partly cloudy. High of 81 degrees.
• Men’s final Sunday: No. 1 Novak Djokovic vs. No. 2 Andy Murray.
Rules for posting comments
Comments posted below are from readers. In no way do they represent the view of Oahu Publishing Inc. or this newspaper. This is a public forum.
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content but the newspaper is under no obligation to do so. Comment posters are solely responsible under the Communications Decency Act for comments posted on this Web site. Oahu Publishing Inc. is not liable for messages from third parties.
IP and email addresses of persons who post are not treated as confidential records and will be disclosed in response to valid legal process.
Do not post:
- Potentially libelous statements or damaging innuendo.
- Obscene, explicit, or racist language.
- Copyrighted materials of any sort without the express permission of the copyright holder.
- Personal attacks, insults or threats.
- The use of another person's real name to disguise your identity.
- Comments unrelated to the story.
If you believe that a commenter has not followed these guidelines, please click the FLAG icon below the comment.