Driver killed in Kawaihae crash
Kawaihae Road will remain closed in both directions for several hours after a fuel tanker overturned Friday near the 63- and 64-mile markers.
The truck ran off the road and overturned, killing the driver, police said.
The tanker was carrying 8,400 gallons of diesel fuel. A replacement tanker is at the scene to transfer the fuel.
Motorists are advised to use Waikoloa Road or Kohala Mountain Road until further notice.
Rules for posting comments
Comments posted below are from readers. In no way do they represent the view of Oahu Publishing Inc. or this newspaper. This is a public forum.
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content but the newspaper is under no obligation to do so. Comment posters are solely responsible under the Communications Decency Act for comments posted on this Web site. Oahu Publishing Inc. is not liable for messages from third parties.
IP and email addresses of persons who post are not treated as confidential records and will be disclosed in response to valid legal process.
Do not post:
- Potentially libelous statements or damaging innuendo.
- Obscene, explicit, or racist language.
- Copyrighted materials of any sort without the express permission of the copyright holder.
- Personal attacks, insults or threats.
- The use of another person's real name to disguise your identity.
- Comments unrelated to the story.
If you believe that a commenter has not followed these guidelines, please click the FLAG icon below the comment.