Police: Highway 19 closed in Waimea due to accident
Big Island police say Highway 19 in Waimea will be closed for the next five hours due to a traffic accident.
Police put out an alert at about 8:15 a.m. Monday morning which said the highway will be closed at the 55-mile marker. Police have set up a detour through Mana Road and Mealani Road.
The accident knocked down a utility police and electrical wires blocked the road, police said.
Police urged motorists to avoid the area of the accident.
Rules for posting comments
Comments posted below are from readers. In no way do they represent the view of Oahu Publishing Inc. or this newspaper. This is a public forum.
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content but the newspaper is under no obligation to do so. Comment posters are solely responsible under the Communications Decency Act for comments posted on this Web site. Oahu Publishing Inc. is not liable for messages from third parties.
IP and email addresses of persons who post are not treated as confidential records and will be disclosed in response to valid legal process.
Do not post:
- Potentially libelous statements or damaging innuendo.
- Obscene, explicit, or racist language.
- Copyrighted materials of any sort without the express permission of the copyright holder.
- Personal attacks, insults or threats.
- The use of another person's real name to disguise your identity.
- Comments unrelated to the story.
If you believe that a commenter has not followed these guidelines, please click the FLAG icon below the comment.