Police ID body found at bottom of cliff
Police have identified a man whose body was found Friday at the bottom of a cliff in North Kohala as 42-year-old Patrick S. Yamura of Hawi.
Yamura’s body was found Friday evening at the bottom of a cliff near Kapanaia Point in North Kohala. He was officially pronounced dead at North Kohala Community Hospital.
Police do not suspect foul play.
The case is being investigated as a coroner’s inquest. An autopsy has been ordered to determine the exact cause of death.
Rules for posting comments
Comments posted below are from readers. In no way do they represent the view of Oahu Publishing Inc. or this newspaper. This is a public forum.
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content but the newspaper is under no obligation to do so. Comment posters are solely responsible under the Communications Decency Act for comments posted on this Web site. Oahu Publishing Inc. is not liable for messages from third parties.
IP and email addresses of persons who post are not treated as confidential records and will be disclosed in response to valid legal process.
Do not post:
- Potentially libelous statements or damaging innuendo.
- Obscene, explicit, or racist language.
- Copyrighted materials of any sort without the express permission of the copyright holder.
- Personal attacks, insults or threats.
- The use of another person's real name to disguise your identity.
- Comments unrelated to the story.
If you believe that a commenter has not followed these guidelines, please click the FLAG icon below the comment.