Police seek SUV that fled scene of robbery
Hawaii Island police are searching for a sports-utility vehicle that was involved in an attempted robbery in Hilo at approximately 11:45 a.m. today.
The car is a lifted white Suzuki Sidekick with a black soft top, silver rims and wide tires. It has no license plates.
The public is advised not to approach the car but to call police if you see it. The driver may be armed and dangerous.
Rules for posting comments
Comments posted below are from readers. In no way do they represent the view of Oahu Publishing Inc. or this newspaper. This is a public forum.
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content but the newspaper is under no obligation to do so. Comment posters are solely responsible under the Communications Decency Act for comments posted on this Web site. Oahu Publishing Inc. is not liable for messages from third parties.
IP and email addresses of persons who post are not treated as confidential records and will be disclosed in response to valid legal process.
Do not post:
- Potentially libelous statements or damaging innuendo.
- Obscene, explicit, or racist language.
- Copyrighted materials of any sort without the express permission of the copyright holder.
- Personal attacks, insults or threats.
- The use of another person's real name to disguise your identity.
- Comments unrelated to the story.
If you believe that a commenter has not followed these guidelines, please click the FLAG icon below the comment.