Two apparently die in Hilo house fire
Two people apparently died this morning in a house fire on Wainaku Street in Hilo.
Fire personnel arrived on the scene and found the home to be fully engulfed in flames, with the roof partially collapsed.
Two bodies were later found within the structure. Their identities were not immediately known.
The fire is under investigation by the fire inspector and the Hawaii Police Department.
See Friday’s Tribune-Herald for more on this story.
Rules for posting comments
Comments posted below are from readers. In no way do they represent the view of Oahu Publishing Inc. or this newspaper. This is a public forum.
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content but the newspaper is under no obligation to do so. Comment posters are solely responsible under the Communications Decency Act for comments posted on this Web site. Oahu Publishing Inc. is not liable for messages from third parties.
IP and email addresses of persons who post are not treated as confidential records and will be disclosed in response to valid legal process.
Do not post:
- Potentially libelous statements or damaging innuendo.
- Obscene, explicit, or racist language.
- Copyrighted materials of any sort without the express permission of the copyright holder.
- Personal attacks, insults or threats.
- The use of another person's real name to disguise your identity.
- Comments unrelated to the story.
If you believe that a commenter has not followed these guidelines, please click the FLAG icon below the comment.