Hawaii Prep honors its student-athletes
Hawaii Preparatory Academy coaches recently honored the outstanding student athletes for the 2013-14 school year.
Students receiving awards were:
• GIRLS VOLLEYBALL: Tiana Reynolds, Most Valuable; Courtney Barro-Kilmede, Coach’s Award; Anna Juan, Most Improved; Gabbie Ewing, Most Outstanding.
• BOYS CROSS COUNTRY: Michael Spetich and Nate Ladwig, Most Valuable; Jake Lai and Juan Miche Rosales, Coach’s Award; Jacob McCafferty and Hide Akai, Most Improved.
• GIRLS CROSS COUNTRY: Mariah Haight, Kelly Ulrich, and Veronica Ladwig, Most Valuable; Kristiana Van Pernis, Coach’s Award; Sabrina Disney, TELSAF Award.
• FOOTBALL: Koa Ellis and Mike Nakahara, Offensive Back Award; Sioni Moniati, Offensive Lineman Award; Blake Hooser and Li‘i Purdy, Defensive Back Award; Josh Ching, Defensive Lineman Award; Colin Renfro, Most Improved; Kellen Gillins, Coach’s Award; Bobby Lum, Holi Bergin Award.
• BOYS SWIMMING: Jake Anderson, Most Valuable; Kenny Christie, Coach’s Award; Tyler Alt, Most Improved.
• GIRLS SWIMMING: Taylor Doherty, Most Valuable; Hadley Beach and Kaili Yuen, Coach’s Award; Sarah-Nicole Elliott, Most Improved.
• BOYS WRESTLING: Keenan Greenbaum, Most Valuable; Cannon Greco-Hiranaka, Coach’s Award; Russell Laros, Most Improved.
• GIRLS WRESTLING: Kaiya Casuga, Most Valuable; Lokelani Ching, Coach’s Award; Madison Inman, Most Improved.
• BOYS SOCCER: Blake Hooser, Most Valuable; Justin Perry, Coach’s Award; Keisuke Anzai, Most Improved.
• GIRLS SOCCER: Gabbie Ewing, Dani Grainger, and Nanea Tavares, Most Valuable; Teia Knoll and Kristiana Van Pernis, Coach’s Award; Morgan Monahan and Kaui Taylor, Most Improved.
• BOYS BASKETBALL: Kalan Camero Most Valuable; Kenji Stinson, Coach’s Award; David Ovbagbedia, Most Improved.
• GIRLS BASKETBALL: Ula Brostek, Most Valuable; Tiana Bertelmann-Tabac, Coach’s Award; Kawena Lim-Samura, Most Improved; Veronica Le Suer, Honoring the Game Award.
• BOYS TRACK: Joey Kailimai, Most Valuable; Nate Ladwig, Coach’s Award; Alexandro Siordia, Most Improved.
• GIRLS TRACK: Emma Taylor and Kristiana Van Pernis, Most Valuable; nani Welch Keliihoomalu, Coach’s Award; Savannah Cochran and Kaui Taylor, Most Improved.
• BOYS TENNIS: Wayne Tan, Most Valuable; JJ Minakata, Coach’s Award; Oscar Winsa Henderson, Most Improved.
• GIRLS TENNIS: Mackenzie Langmade, Most Valuable; Alua Jumabayeva, Coach’s Award; Jordan Virtue, Most Improved.
• BOYS VOLLEYBALL: Noah Schenk and Kenji Stinson, Most Valuable; Colin Yates, Coach’s Award; Tucker Higgins, Most Improved.
• WATER POLO: Lei Bostock, Most Valuable; Louisa Duggan, Coach’s Award; Taylor Doherty, Most Improved.
• GOLF: Luigi Balbo Bertone di Sambuy, Most Valuable; Bo Bleckel, Coach’s Award; Katie Jefferson, Most Improved.
• BASEBALL: Mike Nakahara, Most Valuable; Ian Rice and Li‘i Purdy, Coach’s Award; Koa Ellis and DJ Sekiya, Most Improved.
• SOFTBALL: Tiana Bertelmann-Tabac, Most Valuable; Taimane Kamaka, Coach’s Award; Malia Byram, Most Improved.
Rules for posting comments
Comments posted below are from readers. In no way do they represent the view of Oahu Publishing Inc. or this newspaper. This is a public forum.
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content but the newspaper is under no obligation to do so. Comment posters are solely responsible under the Communications Decency Act for comments posted on this Web site. Oahu Publishing Inc. is not liable for messages from third parties.
IP and email addresses of persons who post are not treated as confidential records and will be disclosed in response to valid legal process.
Do not post:
- Potentially libelous statements or damaging innuendo.
- Obscene, explicit, or racist language.
- Copyrighted materials of any sort without the express permission of the copyright holder.
- Personal attacks, insults or threats.
- The use of another person's real name to disguise your identity.
- Comments unrelated to the story.
If you believe that a commenter has not followed these guidelines, please click the FLAG icon below the comment.