A new way to keep score at UHH
The University of Hawaii at Hilo softball team recently unveiled a new scoreboard at its campus field.
Every year, KTA Super Stores supports Vulcans athletics based on the performance of the team. For basketball, KTA donates $50 for every 3-point basket the Vulcans score. Each goal in soccer wins the team a $100 donation and volleyball aces are awarded $50. For both baseball and softball, the Vulcans receive $25 for strikeouts, $50 for doubles, $75 for triples, $100 for home runs and $500 for grand slams.
Rules for posting comments
Comments posted below are from readers. In no way do they represent the view of Oahu Publishing Inc. or this newspaper. This is a public forum.
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content but the newspaper is under no obligation to do so. Comment posters are solely responsible under the Communications Decency Act for comments posted on this Web site. Oahu Publishing Inc. is not liable for messages from third parties.
IP and email addresses of persons who post are not treated as confidential records and will be disclosed in response to valid legal process.
Do not post:
- Potentially libelous statements or damaging innuendo.
- Obscene, explicit, or racist language.
- Copyrighted materials of any sort without the express permission of the copyright holder.
- Personal attacks, insults or threats.
- The use of another person's real name to disguise your identity.
- Comments unrelated to the story.
If you believe that a commenter has not followed these guidelines, please click the FLAG icon below the comment.