Special Olympic athletes return
The Hilo athletes who participated in the Special Olympics USA Games this past week in New Jersey will return at 5:20 p.m. Saturday at Hilo Airport.
The Hawaii team, led by coach David Baldwin and including Hilo athletes Kalani Gonsalves and Daylan Toribio as well as other athletes from around the state, combined to win 35 medals, including 13 golds.
To learn more about the Hawaii programs, go to: www.specialolympicshawaii.org
Rules for posting comments
Comments posted below are from readers. In no way do they represent the view of Oahu Publishing Inc. or this newspaper. This is a public forum.
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content but the newspaper is under no obligation to do so. Comment posters are solely responsible under the Communications Decency Act for comments posted on this Web site. Oahu Publishing Inc. is not liable for messages from third parties.
IP and email addresses of persons who post are not treated as confidential records and will be disclosed in response to valid legal process.
Do not post:
- Potentially libelous statements or damaging innuendo.
- Obscene, explicit, or racist language.
- Copyrighted materials of any sort without the express permission of the copyright holder.
- Personal attacks, insults or threats.
- The use of another person's real name to disguise your identity.
- Comments unrelated to the story.
If you believe that a commenter has not followed these guidelines, please click the FLAG icon below the comment.