Fatal house fire in Puna
Firefighters found the remains of a person after extinguishing a fire that destroyed an Eden Roc subdivision home on Christmas Eve.
Seven units responded to the 7:09 p.m. alarm on Palainui Avenue. to find the 600-foot, single-story dwelling fully engulfed in flames. The first unit arrived at 7:25 p.m. The blaze was reported under control at 7:45 p.m. and extinguished at 10:04 p.m.
Damages were estimated at $33,000 and the cause of the fire is under investigation.
The identity of the victim has not been released.
Rules for posting comments
Comments posted below are from readers. In no way do they represent the view of Oahu Publishing Inc. or this newspaper. This is a public forum.
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content but the newspaper is under no obligation to do so. Comment posters are solely responsible under the Communications Decency Act for comments posted on this Web site. Oahu Publishing Inc. is not liable for messages from third parties.
IP and email addresses of persons who post are not treated as confidential records and will be disclosed in response to valid legal process.
Do not post:
- Potentially libelous statements or damaging innuendo.
- Obscene, explicit, or racist language.
- Copyrighted materials of any sort without the express permission of the copyright holder.
- Personal attacks, insults or threats.
- The use of another person's real name to disguise your identity.
- Comments unrelated to the story.
If you believe that a commenter has not followed these guidelines, please click the FLAG icon below the comment.