Lava flows into another crack
Lava was seen flowing into another ground crack Monday in the Wao Kele o Puna Forest Reserve, according to Hawaiian Volcano Observatory.
The flow was entering the crack about 1.2 miles from the reserve’s eastern boundary.
Hawaii County Civil Defense will host additional community meetings about the flow at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday at Pahoa High School cafeteria.
For more information, visit http://hvo.wr.usgs.gov/activity/kilaueastatus.php.
Rules for posting comments
Do not post:
- Potentially libelous statements or damaging innuendo.
- Obscene, explicit, or racist language.
- Copyrighted materials of any sort without the express permission of the copyright holder.
- Personal attacks, insults or threats.
- The use of another person's real name to disguise your identity.
- Comments unrelated to the story.