Man suffers fatal fall in Pepeekeo
A man died Sunday after falling approximately 80 feet off a cliff near Pepeekeo.
According to a press release from the Hawaii County Fire Department, officials found the 23-year-old man unresponsive on a rocky beach near the shoreline access off of Loa Road.
According to Matthias Kusch, HCFD acting battallion chief, officials arrived on scene about 11:44 a.m. after recieving a phone call that an accident had occurred.
“Apparently these guys were going to go diving and the access is down a really steep trail and one of the individuals slipped and fell about 80 feet to the rocky beach below,” he said.
Four people witnessed the fall.
The patient suffered from severe traumatic injuries and was in full cardiac arrest before being transported to the Hilo Medical Center.
Rules for posting comments
Do not post:
- Potentially libelous statements or damaging innuendo.
- Obscene, explicit, or racist language.
- Copyrighted materials of any sort without the express permission of the copyright holder.
- Personal attacks, insults or threats.
- The use of another person's real name to disguise your identity.
- Comments unrelated to the story.