Police arrest man for Hilo robbery
Police have charged a Hilo man who was arrested in connection with a robbery Wednesday in Hilo.
At 3:10 p.m. Thursday, detectives charged 30-year-old Shannon L. Y. Estocado of Hilo with second-degree robbery, first-degree unauthorized entry into a motor vehicle and third-degree assault. He was released after posting $7,250 bail.
At 10:58 a.m. Wednesday, officers responded to a report of a robbery outside a restaurant on Kanoelehua Avenue.
Police determined that a man had reportedly approached and entered the passenger door of a 2004 Mazda sedan that was occupied by a 54-year- old woman. He then struck the woman in the chest and head with a closed fist and stole her car keys, cellular phone and prescription medication. The assailant then left the area in a brown jeep being driven by an unknown person.
The victim went to Hilo Medical Center, where she was treated for her injuries and released.
Investigation led to the arrest of Estocado a short time later on Railroad Avenue.
Rules for posting comments
Do not post:
- Potentially libelous statements or damaging innuendo.
- Obscene, explicit, or racist language.
- Copyrighted materials of any sort without the express permission of the copyright holder.
- Personal attacks, insults or threats.
- The use of another person's real name to disguise your identity.
- Comments unrelated to the story.