Search resumes for missing fisherman
The search resumes today for a fisherman who went missing after being washed to sea off the Puna coastline.
Witnesses told authorities the 56-year-old man disappeared at sea at about 9 p.m. Friday after either slipping or being swept away by a wave from a 10-foot cliff at Malama Flats, near MacKenzie State Park.
An offshore aerial search and a shoreline search between Pohoiki and Kaimu beach turned up no traces of the man on Saturday.
Rules for posting comments
Comments posted below are from readers. In no way do they represent the view of Oahu Publishing Inc. or this newspaper. This is a public forum.
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content but the newspaper is under no obligation to do so. Comment posters are solely responsible under the Communications Decency Act for comments posted on this Web site. Oahu Publishing Inc. is not liable for messages from third parties.
IP and email addresses of persons who post are not treated as confidential records and will be disclosed in response to valid legal process.
Do not post:
- Potentially libelous statements or damaging innuendo.
- Obscene, explicit, or racist language.
- Copyrighted materials of any sort without the express permission of the copyright holder.
- Personal attacks, insults or threats.
- The use of another person's real name to disguise your identity.
- Comments unrelated to the story.
If you believe that a commenter has not followed these guidelines, please click the FLAG icon below the comment.