Update: Missing Kona man found
Police have located 33-year-old Arthur Medina of Kailua-Kona, who was reported missing.
Medina was found disoriented at 8 a.m. Thursday in a lava field off Highway 190 in Puuanahulu about 1/8 of a mile south of Puu Waawaa Ranch, not far from where his car had been found on Tuesday.
Police determined that Medina was in a single-car accident on Tuesday morning. He apparently attempted to walk for help and became disoriented.
He was taken to North Hawaii Community Hospital for treatment of his injuries.
Rules for posting comments
Comments posted below are from readers. In no way do they represent the view of Oahu Publishing Inc. or this newspaper. This is a public forum.
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content but the newspaper is under no obligation to do so. Comment posters are solely responsible under the Communications Decency Act for comments posted on this Web site. Oahu Publishing Inc. is not liable for messages from third parties.
IP and email addresses of persons who post are not treated as confidential records and will be disclosed in response to valid legal process.
Do not post:
- Potentially libelous statements or damaging innuendo.
- Obscene, explicit, or racist language.
- Copyrighted materials of any sort without the express permission of the copyright holder.
- Personal attacks, insults or threats.
- The use of another person's real name to disguise your identity.
- Comments unrelated to the story.
If you believe that a commenter has not followed these guidelines, please click the FLAG icon below the comment.